Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Moon Is Calling For You!

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, Book #1), Patricia Briggs - "My body is calling for you. I can hear you calling babe!" Doesn't the title of this blog entry remind you of an old R. Kelly song? I don't like R. Kelly anymore, he's got some issues!! Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Mercedes Thompson, better known as Mercy, is a shape shifter. Unlike her moon bound wolf friends, she can change into a coyote at will. Yes, I said a coyote. Her mom is human and her dad was also a shape shifter. Her mother went to her crib one morning and found a coyote pup. Can you imagine? I read this book because of all the awesome reviews on Goodreads.com. I will not tell a lie, I was thoroughly disappointed. I just couldn't get into the characters or the dialogue. It was utterly boring and took sheer force to read through to the end. I had to ask a friend to read it just to confirm my craziness but she agreed with me on this one. She couldn't find any love for it either. Don't get me wrong, there were some high points in the book but they were few and far between.

♥♥ - just a touch of love!

xoxo♥

No comments: