Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani

As a lover of books based on events in the middle east and the many cultures that live there, that enthralls me. I love the colors, the languages, and the description of the food. Everything is so breathtaking and elegant even when the scene is in the dirtiest areas of the slums, there is still beauty in it. I must admit that when I first read the back cover of this book, I put it back on the Borders shelf and kept looking. I was skeptical of a book written about rug designers and carpets. Seriously, how interesting could this story really be? Well, somehow I own a hard cover and a soft cover edition of this book. Do not ask me how because I do not remember buying either copy. I'm rambling...

The Blood of Flowers is set in 17th century Persia and takes the reader on a journey in the life of a young woman who suddenly loses her father and is thrust into the life of a servant in her uncle's wealthy household. The death of her father has left her without a dowry and no hope for a respectable marriage, but her love for carpet making may be her ticket to learning that life is not always as we hope and dream it should be. 

This novel opened my eyes to the realities that women of all cultures face in society.  This book teaches that there is honor in all things good, whether you are single, married, divorced, widowed, a mother of ten or  a mother of none. We all have a purpose on this earth and should be proud of our destinies. This book is a must read for all as it weaves the heart and soul in the same manner that our heroine weaves her destiny through her carpets. 

♥♥♥♥ - A honorable read!!


1 comment:

Susie Rosso Wolf said...

You're a good writer and I enjoyed this review. It sounds very interesting, impressive. I'm happy to follow you and will be back to check out more of your work! Please drop by the prairie to say howdy, perhaps review my ebook on Amazon? We'll see. Just come on over and get to know us out here in Montana.

Best to you,
Susie Rosso Wolf
newprairiewoman.blogspot.com