Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Top Three!

I've read quite a few books this year. Here are my three fave books so far...Oh, can I get a drum roll please??




1) ♥ Dennis Lehane, A Drink Before the War - This book was forced into my unwilling hands by a fellow book obsesstress. I was skeptical but once I read the first page of this fast paced ride, I was completely hooked! You can't stop your heart from falling in love with the main characters, Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro. Am I the only one hoping that someone comes to their senses and makes Patrick and Angela superstars on NBC??? Television series please!!





2) ♥ Erica Spindler, Cause for Alarm - I bought this book because I liked the cover of the book next to it, Shocking Pink (also by Erica Spindler)! I know, I have issues!! Anyway...the goddess of suspense doesn't disappoint in this romantic thriller. Kate and Richard Ryan are the perfect couple. They have good looks, successful careers and plenty of money. The only thing missing from this perfect marriage is a perfect baby. The insanity that the Ryan's have to face in order to have a baby is CAUSE FOR ALARM!!




3) ♥ Jeffery Deaver, The Empty Chair - This is the third book in "The Lincoln Rhyme Series" that I just happened to stumble across in the break room at my wonderful job. Rhyme, a quadriplegic since having his spinal cord crushed and his beautiful and brilliant protege, Amelia Sachs, take a trip to the University of North Carolina Medical Center so that Rhyme can undergo an experimental surgery to improve his condition. The local authorities learn that he is in town (he's pretty freaking famous) and call upon him and Sachs to help them find the prime suspect in a murder and kidnapping, Insect Boy! Let me tell you - this Boy is nasty!


xoxo ♥

No comments: